Roleplayer's Anonymous
October 24, 2020, 08:56:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Roleplayer's Anonymous!
 
  Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Tempest x Ridescent


Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tempest x Ridescent  (Read 120 times)
Tempest
Administrator
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 17


Shotgun Surgeon


View Profile
« on: January 12, 2011, 10:56:29 pm »

Snowflakes begin to lazily drift down in a flurry, dusting her goggles ever so slightly. Chase's chest heaves in a sigh displaying her irritation with the weather, which forms a puff of steam as it filters through her mask. It was not as if the weather was a terribly bad thing. It had its perks, such as forcing the roaming undead into cover so they would not freeze for the season. It was relieving, being able to walk more freely, but there were still other threats. Unlike the zombies, they could track her footsteps in the snow whenever the white specks stopped their descent.

Between the risks and the general chill, she would have preferred to stay back at base, but someone had to go out. This was a supply run, it is necessary: this is what she reminded herself as she takes self-assured strides further into the ruins. As she sees movement in the shadows of a crumbling complex, she draws her heavy jacket closer around her frame. Chase sticks out well enough in contrast to the pallid scenery while wearing a black coat, but it was not like such supplies were as easily found. Maybe if she was lucky she could find something less noticeable deeper in the city. Places that were not ransacked were becoming scarcer, however.

As she sees more flickers of movement, she tenses. There is no way she could deal with a whole group, not while she is running solo. She presses close to the walls of an old department store to become less of a target. In a few moments, she is reassured that she was hearing voices. This could be bad. If it is the Anon's, she does not stand a chance in hell. If it is a patrol of the strangers in black, her luck will be just as bad. That is the problem with drifting to the inner-city. One could never be sure just who they might bump into and proceed to be killed by. As they take a turn away, Chase begins to dart in the opposite direction. The one thing on her mind is the slight relief that she would not be dealing with the zombie Walkers.
Report Spam   Logged

Ridescent
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Offline Offline

Posts: 5


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 12:14:26 am »

Enki crouched low within the snow bank, hovering over the corpse of a black clad soldier, a legionnaire. It appeared as if the soldier had fallen from a fourth story window, which would explain the red stained shards of glass littering the snow. That would also explain the slow shuffling and low moaning coming from within the building's darkness shrouded doorway, Enki definitely did not feel like dealing with undead.

Still, multiple sets of footprints led off further into the inner city. The ruins and debris of the previous civilization was all the remained of the city. Enki stood, storing the lifted ammo from the corpse into a belt pouch, before following the footprints. Likely the rest of the legionnaire party was moving off in search of easier prizes. Enki knew they didn't have a food problem, but starving the other factions would likely make their task easier.

Enki moved along the side of a building, keeping the illusion of her white garments intact. She skirted a chunk of building that had likely come from nearby, stopping behind it. The footprints led to a large, one story building directly ahead. Likely a market of some sorts. Dispoing of a patrol and procuring some food would be a double benefit, though one patrol wasn't much difference. 

Enki reached up and toggled the setting on her goggles. Her breath coned out in front of her as the doorway of the building became lit in a stark green-white, while the landscape around was blinded out. Enki moved from the debris, closing the distance to the building, and drawing her pistol.
Report Spam   Logged
Tempest
Administrator
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 17


Shotgun Surgeon


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 01:12:47 am »

Stopping to get her bearings, Chase looks around at the scenery, trying to determine her location after he moment of panic. "Ah hell," she mutters, the words coming out muffled through her face mask. She realizes that nothing looks familiar, whether due to the snow or that she rarely came out so far, she was unsure. She takes this moment to break, moving til her back is pressed to a wall and the wind is blocked. Letting herself sidle down the building, she lifts her slightly fogged mask to catch her breath. The wind chills her slightly sweat-covered face and forces a shiver to run down her spine. Shaking, she reaches for her canteen and takes a long swig. If nothing else, the winter months meant no lack of water supplies.

She lowers the canister as she sees a strange shift in the snows back towards the market. Startled, she rubs her eyes, blinking rapidly to make sure she was not imagining things. It was really moving, that mound of snow. . . or was it really snow? If it was a person, there was no way it could be a zombie, they were too clean, Nor could they be the Anons (due to the utter lack of heavy fire-power) or the mysterious black-clothed organization. Curiosity gets the best of her, as she puts the stopper back into place and lowers her mask once more.

Dusting the snow off, Chase departs towards the supermarket, keeping to the shadows and spots free of snow as best she could while remaining a safe distance from poor-lit openings in the buildings. She stops a few buildings away, crouching down behind a drift to hide herself as best as possible. Slung at her side, her shotgun seems to weigh against her, the familiar itch to defend herself to survive bubbling up. Without so much as a second thought she welcomes the sensation like an old friend.
Report Spam   Logged

Ridescent
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Offline Offline

Posts: 5


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 01:32:24 am »

The snow crunches under Enki's feet, almost loudly, reminding her not to get caught out in another storm. It was not a pleasant thing to sleep in an unfamiliar building, and Enki had no desire to be caught to far from.. well, home, again. Home was a ways back anyways, and she was here, now.

Enki scanned the immediate entryway to the building,a twin set of broken glass doors which opened into a small lobby, filled with littler and over turned shopping carts. Definitely a supermarket. The lobby was no more than 10 feet across, to another set of broken glass doors. To the left Enki could see the shopping cart depo, and some vending machines, long ago looted. Though it appeared as if the looters where not brave enough to venture further.

Enki creeped inside, to the second set of doors. Beyond was a cavernous maw of a ghostly interior. Rows upon rows of empty shelves, some overturned, lined the left side of the store. While the right side branched off into checkouts and mostly empty clothes racks. Somewhere further inside a can dropped, followed by a curse and a hasty shuffling of feet.

"So.. there's still food." Enki mutters to herself, ghosting towards the food section. Canned goods were like gold now, fresh meat were perhaps diamonds. She moved quietly, avoiding small bits of rubble and other loud, crunchy debris. "Grab those too." Enki froze as a male's voice echoed out, "No, these ones idiot." Sounded like there were only two, which sounded about right for a scavenger party, including the dead guy.

Enki removed a magazine of bullets from her belt, clicking into her gun as another can dropped to the floor, followed by another curse. "Watch what you're doing dumbass." Enki moved around the corner, pointing her gun down the aisle. Even without the night vision she knew they had, it was probably obvious to spot her, Enki stood out like a ghost. She preferred white to black though, it was safer in the snow than inside most places.

She pulled the trigger. Twice. Three times. The legionnaires crumpled to the floor, their sacks dropping and canned goods rolling across the floor. If anybody else was nearby that would be an obvious beacon as to her location. Enki really hoped they had checked for the reanimated before looting the place as she quickly scooped up a few cans, stuffing them into one of the sacks. Both sacks would weigh her down to much, she wanted to get home as soon as possible.

Enki kicked one of the bodies over, he had an automatic. Enki didn't like automatics. The second guy however had a pistol, which was quickly looted of all ammunition. "Not bad, thanks boys." She taunted, hoping they wouldn't rise to meet those taunts, though she knew that wouldn't happen. Bullets stopped undead, not created them.
Report Spam   Logged
Tempest
Administrator
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 17


Shotgun Surgeon


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 06:44:43 pm »

Bang. . . . BangBang. . . The gunfire resounds off the walls of the desolate landscape, unsettling the lull of silence. In the gray skies, the few carrion eaters that remained through the cold seasons flutter from their warm roosts, seeking new shelter. Chase's blood runs cold at the sound. The person she had caught sneaking into the building was probably dead now. Her heart picks up speed, slamming against her chest like a jackhammer. On one hand, she is just as much at risk there, yet questions flood her head about the possibility they had survived the shooting. After all, there were multiple firings. Her conscience attacks her relentlessly at the thought: Could she really leave someone for dead when they needed her help? Whatever the case, she could not risk staying out in the open any longer. So her mind reaches the consensus that she would take a peak.

With one arm, she holds her weapon pointed down in a manner with a finger on the trigger so that if she had to, she could swing it up and fire. With her other hand, she seeks her belt and manages to remove a shake-charge mag-lite from her belt. Nervously, she shakes the flashlight back and forth, she passes it off as herself making sure it had some juice. After swallowing the lump in her throat, Chase cautiously steps through the door, before shifting to the dark. If anyone was paying attention, her silhouette against the blinding-white would be a dead give-away. She holds her breath as she moves farther in. She could see parts of the tarnished store from the light filtering in through the scarce windows and other openings. Even in the darkness, she could spy the white in the darkness, confirming she had indeed been sane when she thought she saw someone outside. What unnerved her, though, were the two motionless heaps on the ground who she was now scavenging.

Under her breath she hisses, "What does he think he's doing?" Whoever they were, they must have had some affiliation. Destroying two members essentially secured a place for your head out there. Chase begins to jog forward, but stops, finding running headlong towards a killer (regardless of how their appearance was wrong for an Anon or Legionnaire) was pretty much a death wish. After all, she could be just as easily mistaken for a Walker or another combatant. Unsure, she lets her shotgun slip back along its tether to her side and flicks on the flashlight while holding her free hand up above her head to display her non-aggressive position. He muscles bunch as advances, kicking up dust from the filth-coated floor. Her ears strain for any other shuffling of feet besides what might belong to herself or the spirit before her. After getting close enough, she stops and calls out in a loud whisper, "Are you hurt?"
Report Spam   Logged

Ridescent
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Offline Offline

Posts: 5


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 08:01:01 pm »

The chilled winds outside of the store howled loudly, dusting the entrance white with snow. It seemed so far away now, as the rocks settled into Enki's stomach, like grim determination. Quietly, behind her, she heard snow flatten under a boot, listened as the entity walked slowly into the store. A flashlight beamed around a corner, Enki looked back over her shoulder.

And the rocks left her stomach, as she saw the universal sign of 'peace friend'.  That didn't necessarily mean she was safe though, just glad it wasn't the living dead, bastards always traveled in packs. Enki raised her eyebrow, hidden beneath her winter wrappings, she wanted to laugh at the stranger's question. Though that was hardly polite, and could prove offensively dangerous. "Hurt? Do I look hurt?" she replied evenly.

She turned, lowering her pistol, but keeping it in her hand. She had fired three times, leaving her twelve more rounds, plenty for this new person, unless he had friends. "If you're looking for food there is a second bag by the dead guy over there, take it if you want." she turned the opposite direction, hating that she had broken her voice masker so long ago, the feministic qualities creeping back in, replacing the metallic voice that she like so much. It was intimidating sometimes.

She took a few steps then stopped, "Also.. they didn't check this place for our friends of the night, I wouldn't stray too far."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:01:14 pm by Ridescent » Report Spam   Logged
Tempest
Administrator
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 17


Shotgun Surgeon


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 09:23:54 pm »

"You hear it too, don't you? The awkward scuffling and lifeless moans?" he cackles out. "This is what awaits us. Death. If nature does not get the best of us, nor the rotting corpses, then our own kind is sure to do us in." The man goes silent before punching the concrete wall. A sickening crunch comes from him at the impact. Despite the pain, the man's voice comes out in an unwavering monotone, "This is our Necropolis. This city is our grave and the rubble our tombstones. . . It should have never gotten like this." A soft sob rumbles from deep in the bloke's throat as he falls to his knees. "I'm sorry for bringing you here."

Chase looks at the ghostly visage and nods fervently. It was obviously she was not injured now that she could get a closer look as the colors were still pristine. The voice came as a bit of a surprise to her, though. Here was the most bad-ass top dog, charging into danger and coming out without a single scratch, but they were soft and feminine, in voice, at least. Despite that, Chase cannot help but smile behind the filter. It was her lucky day, running into her savior. Heavens only knew how much longer she'd be out looking for supplies without this boon of generosity.

Approaching the cadavers, she spies that the bag mentioned was there on the ground, but the contents had taken a spill. The edge of the bag has a dark crimson creeping ever so slowly up from its edge which is situated within a widening pool. Guilt fills her that two men had died to enable her to take this much. She crouches down, placing her light on the ground and begins to pick up the cans, lost in her thoughts. They might not have been friendly, but did they really need to die? She was convinced people were becoming an ever rarer species on the planet, so slaughtering one another certainly did not avert the ongoing crisis. All that pieces her mind is the soft thunk of the cans hitting each other as she moved them into the bag. A rasping exhale comes from farther in the dark, but she still pays little mind. A clatter meets her ears as the source smacks into an overturned shopping cart further down her aisle. Chase looks up to see a Walker approaching her awkwardly.

With a curse under her breath, she slings the satchel over her back and takes off in the opposite direction, aiming for the light at the end of the tunnel. Catching a glimpse of the woman from before outside, she lets out a warning call, "Looks like it's time to ditch this spot!"
Report Spam   Logged


Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum


Powered by SMF | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
Privacy Policy