Roleplayer's Anonymous
March 28, 2024, 04:13:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Roleplayer's Anonymous!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Pokémon Topic

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pokémon Topic  (Read 435 times)
Talz
Administrator

Pokémon Master

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2011, 12:47:14 am »

As I'm sure most of you know, I'm a Pokémon fanatic, and I know I'm not the only one here!

This thread is dedicated to everyone's favorite pocket monsters.

One of the hottest topics in Pokémon right now is undoubtedly black and white, recently having splashed their way onto the Japanese market, and set to be released in Spring of 2011 (anyone have a more specific date?) in North America and Europe. After looking into it, I'm pretty stoked on a lot of the things these games are bringing to the franchise. Visually the game looks good, and new concepts like the dream world seem interesting. Old Pokémon get a facelift with the addition of many new abilities, moves, and items as well. These things along with an all new region to explore and characters to meet should make things exciting.

Although, I'm also disappointed in some aspects...

A lot of the new Pokémon look like they were drawn by a three year old with down syndrome, although there are some pretty cool ones too I suppose. Maybe it'll just take time for them to grow on me? I remember not liking many of generation IV's additions at first, but some of those same Pokémon have become some of my favorites.

There's also another thing that bugs me, and that's that supposedly you can see your opponents team before engaging them over Wi-Fi. Firstly, this just doesn't make sense to me, and secondly competitive Pokémon relies heavily on the element of surprise and prediction. I feel this really dumbs both these things down, and by extension the game. In addition, the significance of team synergy may decrease as a result.

Don't even get me started on the third fire/fighting starter in a row...

Still though, it's impossible to truely know till we have it in our hands, now isn't it?

On a separate note: will Ash's butterfree ever return?! I miss that lil' guy. Sad

Also, I just found this which is pretty funny: http://home.sprynet.com/~eagreen/pokemon.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: